Writing as a Path to Awakening
Albert Flynn DeSilver, Author of Writing As A Path To Awakening
Thursday, January 4, 7:30 pm
Suggested Donation: $5
Constructed as a year-long exploration with a new focus for each month and season, Writing as a Path to Awakening includes:
• How to approach writing and reading with a greater level of presence and immersion
• Engaging curiosity, playfulness, and spontaneity to keep your regular practice fresh
• Meditating with poetry to deeply embody the power of language
• How you can spark your imagination by connecting to the groundless source of creation
• The meditative approach to storytelling-how not being trapped in your story liberates your capacity to create
• Editing, rewriting, and the path of spiritual transformation
"Writing and meditation practice are a powerful pair, a dynamic duo," Albert Flynn DeSilver teaches. "Together they nourish and push, trigger and define, inform and inspire, enable, and energize. To engage in both practices fully is to activate a more complete, creative, and spiritual self." With a mixture of engaging storytelling and practical exercises, Writing as a Path to Awakening invites you on a yearlong journey of growth and discovery-to enhance your writing through the practice of meditation while using the creative process to accelerate your spiritual evolution.
Albert Flynn DeSilver is an American poet, memoirist, novelist, speaker, and workshop leader. He is the author of several books of poems, the memoir Beamish Boy, and Writing as a Path to Awakening (Sounds True, 2017).
Mon. Sat. 11 am - 7 pm
Sun. 12 pm - 5 pm
130 S. Main Street, Suite 101
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Copyright 2003-08 Many Rivers Books & Tea. All rights reserved.